The E-Razor 450 FAQ and tips wiki. (Under developement)
Heli of the 450 class. Has brushless power, lipo battery and metal upgrades. Manufacturer is Dynam. Product is sold as ARF and as RTF complete with 2.4GHz equipment. It is not a t-rex clone nor a beam clone. Most parts are not interchangeable.
(taken from Dynam's website)
- 1. CP electric heli
- 2. Control mode: 120-Degree CCPM system
- 3. Length: 25.8in (655mm)
- 4. Main Rotor Diameter: 28.3in (720mm)
- 5. Tail Rotor Dianeter: 5.3in (135mm)
- 6. Gross Weight: RTF with li-po battery(670g)
- 7. Battery: 11.1V 2200MAH 15C li-polymer
- 8. Motor: Brushless 2750KV
- 9. main gear: 121T
A good starting point for a review can be found together with lots of hints and manuals at mycoolheli. If you understand german, the article in the 02/2010 issue of rchelication is a good read.
Dealers for spare parts
The connector used is EC3 which is used by eflight and others. Diameter of the pins is 3.5mm. Good description how to solder the plug on the leads of a battery can be found at horizonhobby.
Heli from german supplier came with 4.0mm connectors (one male, one female) instead of the usual EC3. Not very consistent.
The connector follows JR/Spektrum rules: orange = signal, red = plus, brown = ground
Spektrum dx6i settings
- swash type ccpm 120 degrees
- reverse aile=R
- travel adj rudder +-25%
- gyro 30%, 65%
- throttle curve normal 0, 70, 85, 85,95
- pitch curve normal 37.5, 40, 50, 75, 100
- swash mix ail+50%, elev+50%, pitch+50%
Tail clearance easy mod
The original tail fin is quite short making the tail blades easily touch ground. This mod describes how to rotate the tail fin to gain some clearance. []
replacement head and tail
The original head and tail are plastic mostly and break too easy.
To replace with metallic head use trex clone. Needs to keep the main shaft (E-Razor is longer than trex) and the swash plate (E-Razor has elevator servo in different position).
To replace the tail with metallic trex clone tail assembly, swap entire tail, keep the belt (E-Razor belt length is completely different). This requires opening the tail box to swap the belt but otherwise works like charme. Note the orientation of the tail blade holder to controlling set is reversed, so will likely require to toggle the rudder reverse on your tx.
Follow this thread rcdiscuss for a collection of oem replacement parts. Known to work are
- feathering shafts (3mm) from align HS1003 TREX 450 (All trex-450 models except V2)
- feathering shafts (3mm) from Beam E4 (BMH421315)
- rubber O-rings from Beam E4 (BMH422305)
- 11T steel pinion 3.17mm, 0.5M
- Gyro is GY192 and while every success story seems to strongly suggest to mount the gyro with the label facing right (viewed from tail) at least my gyro does not require this. This means the normal orientation is with the letters readable on the left. The connector to the tail servo points to the tail. Also, the heading hold seems to work just fine.
Very useful forums and threads