Horizon Hobby, Incorporated is a family- and employee-owned, international hobby marketing firm based in Champaign, Illinois, USA.
Founded in 1985, Horizon Hobby distributes radio control cars, boats, planes and helicopters under several different brand names. They also distribute general hobby products including model railroad equipment, plastic model kits and diecast static models. The company is also active in direct-to-consumer marketing via print and electronic commerce. It is well-known among hobbyists for an extremely high level of customer service. Products returned with proof of purchase are either repaired or replaced at no charge and with no questions asked. Products outside of warranty coverage are repaired for a nominal fee.
Horizon Hobby employs nearly 700 people and sells products in more than 50 countries around the world. Corporate headquarters, along with the main distribution facility and product service center, are located in Champaign. Additional distribution centers are located in Ontario, California; Harlow, England (site of Horizon Hobby UK Ltd.) and Elmshorn, Germany (site of Horizon Hobby Deutschland GmbH). California is also home to the Losi and Team Losi R/C car divisions in Ontario and the Athearn train line in Long Beach.
The Ontario facility is also home to Horizon proprietary packaged products.
Horizon's newest brand, Vaterra, was officially announced on January 30, 2013. It will be dedicated to casual use high-performance scale onroad cars, offroad buggies and rock climbers.
Horizon Hobby distributes some of radio control's best known brand names. Among them:
- Athearn model trains
- Blade electric helicopters
- Carisma 1/14-scale onroad vehicles
- Circuit beginner offroad vehicles
- Dynamite chargers, batteries and accessories
- E-flite electric aircraft
- ECX beginner on- and offroad vehicles
- Evolution engines
- Hangar 9 electric, nitro and gasoline aircraft
- HobbyZone beginner electric aircraft
- JR Propo radio systems
- Losi racing vehicles
- ParkZone electric aircraft
- Pro Boat R/C boat models
- Saito engines
- Seagull Models electric, nitro and gasoline aircraft
- Spektrum radio systems
- Sportwerks offroad vehicles
- Team Losi high-end racing electric, nitro and gasoline cars, trucks, buggies and truggies
- Vaterra high-performance onroad cars, offroad buggies and rock climbers
- Zenoah engines
- ZP engines
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original article was at Horizon Hobby. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with EFlightWiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|