I am a relative newcomer to R/C flight, having begun in the winter of 2008-2009. I fly planes and helicopters, electric only, with Spektrum radio gear. I live in the UK.
I currently have the following models:
- HK-500GT helicopter, Hobbywing Platinum 60A ESC, HK 1600kV 500 heli motor, 4x Turnigy MG930 servos, Assan GA-250 Gyro, Hobbywing 5-7.5A BEC, various Align replacement parts, Spektrum AR7000.* 2nd hand Ripmax Alienator with brushless conversion.
- West Wings Orion-E glider. Doesn't like wind and a little sedate for my liking, though nice to fly if it's nearly still and I'm in a relaxed mood.
- E-flite Blade mSR
- E-flite Blade mCX
Not yet complete
- Own-design flying wing night-flier
- Multiplex Fox R/C conversion (See RCGroups post). Currently out of action after wing warped in a hot shed :(
- 2nd hand Esky Honey Bee CP2 converted first to a Spektrumised Honey Bee FP then a Compy300/Guru-Z hybrid FPBD. Problems with the tail boom clamp slipping need sorting out.
- 2nd hand Multiplex TwinJet. After wearing out the brushed motors out using 3s Lipos,it's currently awaiting completion of a brushless upgrade, hopefully also moving the props further from the TE to reduce noise, though the motors seem to be a little heavy for correct CoG, so I may need to extend the nose also.