Weekender Extra 300S
The Weekender Extra 300S is an all-EPO receiver-ready airplane manufactured and distributed by Hitec RCD of Poway, California USA.
Announced on Hitec's Facebook page on August 1, 2013, the fully aerobatic Extra 300S is made for Hitec by sister company Multiplex Modellsport and was first sold under that brand in the European market. It is the first model introduced in North America under the Weekender brand and is equipped with a full compliment of Multiplex electronics.
Hitec claims a quick assembly time of around 45 minutes with little more than a screwdriver.
Flight characteristics are superb whether a three-cell or a four-cell lithium polymer battery is used. Flying the Extra with a four-cell battery nets both an increase in top speed and unlimited vertical climbing capability. The generous wing area makes the Extra a gentle landing model, although some power should be used to land.
It is capable of all aerobatics associated with this type of aircraft short of high-alpha 3D flight.
- Wingspan: 47.2" (1200mm)
- Wing area: 418 sq in (26.97 sq dm)
- Flying weight: 3.1 lb (1400g)
- Length: 42.5" (1088mm)
- Wing loading: 17.1 oz/sq ft (52.1g/sq dm)
- Servos: Multiplex MS-13020 17g analog
- ESC: Multiplex WE-50A 50-amp with Multiplex battery connector; a connector of the modeler's choice may be soldered in its place
- Battery: 2200-2500mAh 3S or 4S lithium polymer
- Motor: Multiplex WB3720 600Kv brushless outrunner
- Propeller: Multiplex 12x8E three-blade composite